fairandfatalasfair: Morgaine_Angharan's icon (Default)
[personal profile] fairandfatalasfair

A short list of things I love about Crystal Palace:

- Genuinely and from the bottom of my heart, I love what a mess this girl is. She's not any more of a mess than anyone else in this show, but I'm so delighted by how much she's *allowed* to be a mess, how her selfishness and her past self's cruelty are treated as things she can grow from, while her snark and cynicism are treated as traits worth having

- I love the change in Crystal with losing her memories, how just the ability to tell herself that even if they weren't here someone out there loved her, created this incredible shift in her. How she became someone who fights for other people, a voice for the dispossessed, the way she advocates for Becky even when she barely knows the boys.

- I love her resilience in dealing with David, the way that she bears up under his harassment and stalking and the weight that's given to that. 

- I love that it's her determination to remember Esther's victims - even those we never met - that ultimately defeats Esther. I love her standing up and demanding justice and getting it.

- Crystal is the character who I was most excited to see in season 2. There's so much room for her to develop from here, so much more to explore in the relationship between her past self and her new one, her old fucked up life and her new fucked up life. There's so much potential in her powers and the legacy of her ancestors that she's hardly begun to unlock

Profile

fairandfatalasfair: Morgaine_Angharan's icon (Default)
fairandfatalasfair

July 2025

S M T W T F S
  12345
6789101112
13141516171819
2021 2223242526
2728293031  

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated 11 October 2026 08:31
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios